Georgios Gkotsis ~ PhD Candidate
General research interests:
- Method Development
- Reversed Phase Liquid Chromatography (RP-LC)
- Gas Chromatography (GC)
- High Resolution Mass Spectrometry (HRMS)
- Trapped Ion Mobility Spectrometry (TIMS)
- Sample preparation techniques (Accelerated Solvent Extraction, Solid Phase Extraction)
- Environmental Chemistry (monitoring of priority and emerging pollutants in environmental samples)
- Bioaccumulation of priority and emerging pollutants through the food chain
- 2021-2022: “HELCOM pre-EMPT project”, collaboration with Baltic Marine Environment Protection Commission (Helsinki Commission – HELCOM).
• 2020-2021: “UBA-HELCOM project”, collaboration with Baltic Marine Environment Protection Commission (Helsinki Commission – HELCOM) and German Environment Agency (Umweltbundesamt).
• 2020-2021: “CONnECT project”, collaboration with OSPAR Commission.
• 2020-2021: “DSWAP, Decision support-based approach for sustainable water reuse application in agricultural production”, European Union.
• 2020-2022: “D.I.A.N.Y.A., Integrated on-site management of hospital wastewater” (European Regional Development Fund of the EU and Greek national funds).
• 2020-2021: “NORMAN Collaborative Trial Suspect and Non-target screening in biota”, NORMAN network activities.
• 2019-2021: “Investigation of the occurrence of Priority pollutants and Chemicals of emerging concern in polar regions”, NORMAN network activities.
• 2018-2022: LIFE17 ENV/SK/000355 (LIFE APEX) “Systematic use of contaminant data from apex predators and their prey in chemicals management”, European Union.
• 2018-today: Participation in Joint Activities in collaboration with European institutes, such as: Cardiff University – otter project, Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research (IZW), Environmental Institute, s.r.o., Marine Institute (Foras na Mara), Landesanstalt für Umwelt, Messungen und Naturschutz Baden-Württemberg (LUBW), Naturalis Biodiversity Center, Catalan Institute for Water Research Foundation (ICRA), Ruppin Academic Center, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.