Dimitrios E. Damalas ~ Ph.D. Candidate
|Date of Birth||20/04/1991|
|Place of Birth||Athens, Greece|
|Workplace Address||Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry,Department of Chemistry, University of Athens|
|2009 – 2013||B.Sc. in Chemistry (2009-2013), University of Athens, Grade: 7.94/10.00|
|2013 – 2015||M.Sc. in Chemical Analysis-Quality Control, University of Athens, Grade 9.1/10.00|
|2015 – present||Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, University of Athens|
- Undergraduate Thesis: “Monitoring of contaminants of emerging concern by the use of low resolution mass spectrometry techniques”, Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry department, University of Athens, Greece (2012-2013).
- Master Thesis: “Application of HILIC/RPLC Quadrupole-Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry to assess the metabolism and effects of benzotriazoles in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae”, Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry department, University of Athens, Greece (2014-2015).
- Ph.D. Thesis: “Assessment of the toxicity of xenobiotics in aquatic organisms through targeted and un-targeted metabolomics analysis, by the use of high resolution mass spectrometry techniques”, Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry department, University of Athens, Greece (2016-present).
- Method Development
- Reversed Phase Liquid Chromatography (RP-LC) and Hydrophilic interaction chromatography (HILIC)
- Ultra-high Performance Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC)
- Gas Chromatography (GC)
- High Resolution Mass Spectrometry (HRMS)
- Environmental Chemistry (monitoring of priority pollutants and emerging contaminants in environmental samples)
- Application of suspect and non-target screening workflows for the identification of new compounds
- Risk assessment
- Acute and chronic toxicity tests of emerging contaminants in zebrafish (Danio rerio)
- Biotransformation (Phase I & II) of emerging contaminants in zebrafish embryos and larvae
- Wide-scope targeted metabolomics
- Untargeted metabolomics
- Use of sophisticated chemometric tools for advanced data treatment of HRMS data
- Association of Greek Chemists (2014-present)
- Hellenic Society of Mass Spectrometry (2014-present)
- International Metabolomics Society (2017-Present)
Scholarships – Awards
- Poster Award, poster presentation at the 22nd Hellenic Chemistry Conference, European Young Chemists’ Network, 2016.
- Scholarship for Ph.D. studies, General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT) – Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation Institute (HFRI), 2017-2019, (grant number 1244).