Maria Katsa ~ Ph.D. Candidate
B.Sc. in Chemistry (2009-2014), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Grade: 7.13/10
M.Sc. in Food Chemistry (2014-2016), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Ph.D. in Food Chemistry (2016-today), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Undergraduate Thesis: “Synthesis of tripeptide containing C-terminal amide and study through High Resolution Mass Spectrometry(HRMS)”, Laboratory of Organic Chemistry, Chemistry department, University of Athens, Greece (2014)
Master Thesis: “Determination of Fat Soluble Vitamins A and E in Infant Formulas by HPLC-DAD”, Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Yiotis S.A. , Greece (2015-2016)
Ph.D. Thesis: “Development of new methods for the determination of fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins in food matrices using advanced mass spectrometry techniques’’, Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry department, University of Athens, Greece (2016-today)
General research interests: Development of liquid chromatography mass spectrometry methods, Reversed Phase Liquid Chromatography (RP-LC) and Hydrophilic interaction chromatography (HILIC), Food Analysis (nutrients and contaminants)
Publications in journals and books
- Maria Katsa, Charalampos Proestos, Efstratios Komaitis “Determination of Fat Soluble Vitamins A and E in Infant Formulas by HPLC-DAD”, Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science,2016,4(2),92-94 (doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.12944/CRNFSJ.4.Special-Issue-October.12).
- Maria Katsa, Charalampos Proestos , “Vitamin analysis in Juices and non-alcoholic beverages”, Emerging Trends and Developments in Beverage Science, 2019,3,137-173 (https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-815258-4.00005-6).
- Maria Katsa, Charalampos Proestos, Efstratios Komaitis, “Determination of Fat Soluble Vitamins A and E in Infant Formulas by HPLC-DAD” ,International Conference on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, 7-9 July 2016,Κalamata (Poster Presentation).
- Maria Katsa, Charalampos Proestos, Efstratios Komaitis , Nikolaos S. Thomaidis, “Rapid and simple determination of fat-soluble vitamins in various types of infant formulas by HPLC-DAD”, 8th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Food Analysis, 7-10 November 2017, Prague, Czech Republic,(Poster Presentation).
- Evaggelia Krystalli, Efstratios Komaitis, Maria Katsa, Vasilios Tzamtzis,” Determination of four EU marker Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in cocoa, milk-based Infant Formula and cereal-based Baby Foods”, Aegean Analytical Chemistry Days (AACD2018), 25-29 September 2018,Chania,Crete,Greece( Poster Presentation).
Awards and Honors
- Scholarship from the Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation (ELIDEK) for Doctoral Research funded by the “ 2nd Scholarship for Ph.D. Candidates” (2019-2020)
Association of Greek Chemists, 2014-Present
Hellenic Mass Spectrometry Society, 2016-Present
Office: 4th floor, Wing D, Office 12
Phone: +30 210 7274430
Postal Address: Panepistimioupoli Zografou, Postal Code: 15771, Athens, Greece