Ioannis Pasias ~ Post Doctoral Researcher
|Date of Birth||24/07/1981|
|Place of Birth||Lamia, Greece|
|Workplace Address||Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry,Department of Chemistry, University of Athens|
|2000 – 2005||B.Sc. in Chemistry, University of Athens, Grade: 6.3/10|
|2005 – 2008||M.Sc. in Chemical Analysis & Quality Control, University of Athens, Grade 9.3/10.|
|2008 – 2012||PhD in Analytical Chemistry (2008-2012), University of Athens, Grade Excellent|
- Identification of chemical andmicrobiological indices for seafood freshness and their implementation for the establishment of freshly-frozen claim
- 2008-present: (Research Associate of the Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Athens, Greece). Development and method validation, uncertainty calculations, speciation of elements in the environment and food, sample preparation techniques for chromatographic analysis – preconcentration and derivatization techniques, determination of organic compounds by different chromatographic techniques (HPLC, GC-FID, LC-MS/MS e.t.c), determination of trace elements by various spectrometric techniques (ETAAS, FAAS, AES, ICP-MS, e.t.c), estimation of dietary exposure in residues, food and Environmental Analysis.
- 2012 –2015: (Research & Development of new Enterprises). Identification of chemical andmicrobiological indices for seafood freshness and their implementation for the establishment of freshly-frozen claim (GSRT, 2012-2015).
- 2009: (National Food Control Agency, EFET). Evaluation of the dietary exposure to heavy metals of Greek population from the consumption of contaminated food from industrial areas – Relation to contaminated irrigation water.
- 2006-2008: (AKMON, General Secretariat of Research and Technology). Development of the laboratory infrastructure for providing advanced services of food control and environmental management to enterprises.
- 2005-2007: (Pythagoras II- Ministry of Education). Investigation of toxicity and biodegradation in the marine environment of organic compounds used as booster biocides in antifouling paints)
Scholarships – Awards
- Scholarship for postgraduate studies “Chemical Analysis-Quality Control”, 2006.
- Reviewer of international journals: Global NEST Journal, Desalination and Water Treatment, Central European Journal of Chemistry, Analytical Letters, Food Analytical Methods.
- Association of Greek Chemists, 2005-Present
- Member of the Trace Analysis and Mass Spectrometry Group, 2005-Present